Commercial Vehicle Enforcement
The objective of the Pharr Police Department Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division is to reduce commercial motor vehicle accidents through the enforcement of Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; to protect the city roadways from unnecessary damage by securing compliance with state laws regulating weight of commercial vehicles; to ensure equitable payment of commercial vehicle registration fees by enforcement of registration laws; to protect the rights, privileges, and safety of the general public in the use of the public highway system by securing compliance with traffic laws and regulations applicable to the operation of all vehicles.
- Enforcement of Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Enforcement of Hazardous Material Regulations
- Enforcement of Registration Laws Applicable to Commercial Vehicles
- Enforcement of All Traffic Laws
- Enforcement of Criminal Law